Skip to main content

A Note for Parents

Fear and Self Loathing documents my reasons for believing the worst homophobes are closeted homosexuals. A more recent post says:
I believe that trauma in the LGBTQ community from family that simply cannot accept them is so common that most people cannot distinguish the damage done by abusive bullshit from "LGBTQ."

If you are a parent, I suggest you get with the person in the mirror and get over your crap.
Let me suggest you start with getting a boxed set of Farscape or ability to stream it. In one episode, the make the point that the problem isn't the occupying forces demanding tribute. It's the local leadership agreeing to it without a fight.

I love my sons. I know I love my sons because I CHOSE to get over my crap for their sake, something I didn't know how to otherwise do.

I was molested as a child. I know some parents tell their kids stuff like "Scream if someone wants to touch your private parts."

I thought long and hard about it and decided that doesn't really protect kids and it would require me to rob them of their innocence in the name of protecting them from being robbed of their innocence. 

I'm sorry for whatever you have been through and whatever makes you feel compelled to stay closeted. Please don't be an abusive parent in the name of protecting your child from worse things.

Hatred from the family who is supposed to love you is probably worse than what other people will do to them and it sets them for a bad start in life rather than setting them on the road to success. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

I was molested and raped as a child. I spent my teens and twenties filled with anger. My therapist once said something like "How did I know you were angry? Maybe it was the flames shooting out your ears." He wasn't actually talking about me. He was describing someone else. But he could have been talking about me. I took up role playing gaming in my teens and my first character was a Red Sonja-esque character with long red tresses. She was a fighter mage and she had issues. Gaming was good for me. I made a lot of friends and they were mostly male and they were protective of me. I began to put down my baggage. At some point, I retired that first character because she was so angry and toxic and I wasn't anymore. Playing her required me to put back on the mantel of so much baggage that I had worked hard to put down and it wasn't good for me to keep that alive. In my late twenties, me and my husband bought a house and it was about thirty minutes from the ...

Actionable Advice

I had a very private life. I tend to think first about what individuals can do. This post is reframing this blog as more explicitly political or about large scale social things. Goal One Remove all child molesters from positions of moral authority. If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes. That's a previously published unsupported Opinion . Here's an attempt to support or explain that opinion. I don't know how well I say it, but I have a piece called Trauma and being LGBTQ  and it's probably not the only place I try to say that I believe that: 1. 2000 percent of humanity has BAGGAGE about sexual and gender stuff. 2. Simply BEING LGBTQ tends to trigger everyone you meet about their issues and then they take it out on you. Christianity trends extremely homophobic and the entire PLANET knows the Catholic Church has a POLICY of moving child moles...

Another think

And another reason to not REALLY be enthused about continuing to write here: I'm very very very against trying to "cure" people of being gay, but I suspect that some people who think they are gay are really attracted to people who have enough of something in common with them and they just aren't finding it in members of the opposite sex. Some chick on probably Reddit remarked once that she was beginning to worry she liked bad guys and then realized all the bad guys in movies she liked were played by the same actor. She liked that actor in any role he played, bad guy or not. During my divorce, I was involved with a man fourteen years older than me and about the time I was thinking "This is a shit show and I'm NEVER getting with an older man again." I met a guy sixteen years older than me and we really hit it off. I have B.A.G.G.A.G.E about my tendency to like older men. It took me a long time to sort that and not feel like me liking older men somehow was ...