Skip to main content

Brow Razors Exist

I just randomly tripped across this clip of some gal wanting to make skinny little brows and she's shaving off the parts she doesn't want.

If you are trans or just someone with heavy brows who doesn't like them, I caution you that plucking can be permanent hair removal though it's not consistent.

I had no idea brow razors existed or shaving brows was a thing.

It doesn't really do a before and after, but she does prep on her brows. I have absolutely no idea if what she's doing is a best practice. I recommend you do a little looking around and try to find more information.

I'm a hairy broad and I spent a lot of years working on hair removal stuff and if you are certain you want it gone for good, plucking, waxing and myriad other methods that rip it out from the root can help permanently reduce hair growth, though it may never be as perfectly clean and hairless as you might be hoping for.

But I strongly suggest you be cautious and conservative about brow removal.

I altered my brows more than forty years ago to downplay a scar. I'm happy with that and no one has ever again commented on that scar since I did that, but I read a bunch of articles before doing that.

I'm not trying to scare anyone or talk anyone out of hair removal. I just want you to be as happy and regret free as I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

I was molested and raped as a child. I spent my teens and twenties filled with anger. My therapist once said something like "How did I know you were angry? Maybe it was the flames shooting out your ears." He wasn't actually talking about me. He was describing someone else. But he could have been talking about me. I took up role playing gaming in my teens and my first character was a Red Sonja-esque character with long red tresses. She was a fighter mage and she had issues. Gaming was good for me. I made a lot of friends and they were mostly male and they were protective of me. I began to put down my baggage. At some point, I retired that first character because she was so angry and toxic and I wasn't anymore. Playing her required me to put back on the mantel of so much baggage that I had worked hard to put down and it wasn't good for me to keep that alive. In my late twenties, me and my husband bought a house and it was about thirty minutes from the ...

Another think

And another reason to not REALLY be enthused about continuing to write here: I'm very very very against trying to "cure" people of being gay, but I suspect that some people who think they are gay are really attracted to people who have enough of something in common with them and they just aren't finding it in members of the opposite sex. Some chick on probably Reddit remarked once that she was beginning to worry she liked bad guys and then realized all the bad guys in movies she liked were played by the same actor. She liked that actor in any role he played, bad guy or not. During my divorce, I was involved with a man fourteen years older than me and about the time I was thinking "This is a shit show and I'm NEVER getting with an older man again." I met a guy sixteen years older than me and we really hit it off. I have B.A.G.G.A.G.E about my tendency to like older men. It took me a long time to sort that and not feel like me liking older men somehow was ...

Actionable Advice

I had a very private life. I tend to think first about what individuals can do. This post is reframing this blog as more explicitly political or about large scale social things. Goal One Remove all child molesters from positions of moral authority. If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes. That's a previously published unsupported Opinion . Here's an attempt to support or explain that opinion. I don't know how well I say it, but I have a piece called Trauma and being LGBTQ  and it's probably not the only place I try to say that I believe that: 1. 2000 percent of humanity has BAGGAGE about sexual and gender stuff. 2. Simply BEING LGBTQ tends to trigger everyone you meet about their issues and then they take it out on you. Christianity trends extremely homophobic and the entire PLANET knows the Catholic Church has a POLICY of moving child moles...