Skip to main content

James Haven has publicly come out as gay at 53

More AI schlock:

James Haven, the 53-year-old actor and older brother of Angelina Jolie, publicly came out as gay on August 6, 2026. He shared his truth during a live video broadcast alongside his ex-wife, Romi Imbelli, on her Substack platform. 
The announcement comes following the couple's separation and the subsequent annulment of their brief marriage. 

Yahoo
 +1
Details of the Announcement
The Livestream: Haven joined his ex-wife, Romi Imbelli, for a live broadcast where he openly stated, "I'm gay," a declaration that was met with enthusiastic support and cheers from Imbelli. 
Personal Statement & Letter: In a letter shared during the stream, Haven reflected on his childhood, noting he was "absolutely obsessed with the Disney princesses" and would sneak glitter and mascara onto his face. He explained that he lacked the language to express his feelings at the time and spent years dimming his light to fit in with other boys. 
A New Chapter: Haven emphasized that coming out is not about becoming someone new, but about allowing the person who has always been there to finally be seen. He extended a message of hope to his family, asking for love over fear and understanding over judgment. 

Yahoo
 +1
Relationship Context
Marriage and Annulment: Haven and Imbelli—who had been close friends for over 20 years—married in August 2024 but separated just 15 days later. Imbelli filed for an annulment in March 2025, which was legally settled in June 2025. The two have remained close friends following the split. 

Yahoo
 +4
Family Background: Haven is the son of actor Jon Voight and the late Marcheline Bertrand. He is widely recognized for his close relationship with his sister, Angelina Jolie, and famously accompanied her to major events early in her career. 

Facebook
·Page Six
 +2
Would you like to read more about James Haven's letter, his previous acting career, or his current relationship with his family?
AI can make mistakes, so double-check responses





Facebook
Angelina Jolie's brother James Haven, 53, comes out as gay after
Angelina Jolie's brother James Haven, 53, comes out as gay after splitting from wife. ... Didn't we already know this? ... This is BREAKING NEWS?! ... JoaN A Ce...


Yahoo
Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven, Known for Infamous Oscars Kiss ...
According to the outlet, Haven said he spent years dimming his light to fit in, but is now ready to stop hiding. "Coming out isn't about becoming someone new,"


AOL.com
Angelia Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out as Gay at Age 53 in ...
Angelia Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out as Gay at Age 53 in Letter About Sexuality: 'I No Longer Feel the Need to Apologize'. Ok Magazine. Olivia Callanan...


Us Weekly
Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out as Gay - Us Weekly
Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out as Gay Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out as Gay at 53 After Split From Wife Romi Imbelli By Kaitlin


Facebook
James Haven comes out as gay more than a year after marriage ...
The Culture - James Haven comes out as gay more than a year after marriage annulment with Romi Imbelli James Haven has publicly come out as gay, describing the


Yahoo
Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven Settles Annulment With His Ex ...
Angelina Jolie's brother, James Haven, settled his annulment with his ex Romi Imbelli after she accused him of fraud, Us Weekly can exclusively report. On June


Lipstick Alley
Jon Voight's Son / Angelina Jolie's Brother James Haven Comes Out ...
James Haven, born into Hollywood royalty, has come out as gay ... months after his split from ex-wife Romi Imbelli ... TMZ has learned. The exes-turned-close-fr...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

I was molested and raped as a child. I spent my teens and twenties filled with anger. My therapist once said something like "How did I know you were angry? Maybe it was the flames shooting out your ears." He wasn't actually talking about me. He was describing someone else. But he could have been talking about me. I took up role playing gaming in my teens and my first character was a Red Sonja-esque character with long red tresses. She was a fighter mage and she had issues. Gaming was good for me. I made a lot of friends and they were mostly male and they were protective of me. I began to put down my baggage. At some point, I retired that first character because she was so angry and toxic and I wasn't anymore. Playing her required me to put back on the mantel of so much baggage that I had worked hard to put down and it wasn't good for me to keep that alive. In my late twenties, me and my husband bought a house and it was about thirty minutes from the ...

Another think

And another reason to not REALLY be enthused about continuing to write here: I'm very very very against trying to "cure" people of being gay, but I suspect that some people who think they are gay are really attracted to people who have enough of something in common with them and they just aren't finding it in members of the opposite sex. Some chick on probably Reddit remarked once that she was beginning to worry she liked bad guys and then realized all the bad guys in movies she liked were played by the same actor. She liked that actor in any role he played, bad guy or not. During my divorce, I was involved with a man fourteen years older than me and about the time I was thinking "This is a shit show and I'm NEVER getting with an older man again." I met a guy sixteen years older than me and we really hit it off. I have B.A.G.G.A.G.E about my tendency to like older men. It took me a long time to sort that and not feel like me liking older men somehow was ...

Actionable Advice

I had a very private life. I tend to think first about what individuals can do. This post is reframing this blog as more explicitly political or about large scale social things. Goal One Remove all child molesters from positions of moral authority. If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes. That's a previously published unsupported Opinion . Here's an attempt to support or explain that opinion. I don't know how well I say it, but I have a piece called Trauma and being LGBTQ  and it's probably not the only place I try to say that I believe that: 1. 2000 percent of humanity has BAGGAGE about sexual and gender stuff. 2. Simply BEING LGBTQ tends to trigger everyone you meet about their issues and then they take it out on you. Christianity trends extremely homophobic and the entire PLANET knows the Catholic Church has a POLICY of moving child moles...