Skip to main content

Opinion

I don't know what Trump is up to. I don't really believe he's a White Supremacist, though I wish he would cut ties with Elon Musk who absolutely is a White Supremacist.

I recently wrote a piece about being LGBTQ in a conservative culture. If you're LGBTQ and scared of what's going on currently, I encourage you to read that.

No, I'm not blaming the victim. I've been accused of blaming the victim for a lot of years for talking about what women can do differently in the face of stuff typically framed as misogyny and rape culture.

I'm trying to empower the victim.

I have come to believe that the worst homophobes are usually closeted gay people. 
if you are gay and have internalized homophobia, you and people like you are some of the most virulent means to spread homophobia
I have come to believe the worst homophobic homosexuals are Christians convinced that they will go to hell for all eternity if they admit they are gay. I have come to believe the most warped homophobic homosexual Christians are Catholics because the Catholic Church aids and abets child molester priests while persecuting homosexual priests, so real world evidence supports a conclusion that God will forgive child molesters but not homosexuals.

Why planet Earth has ALLOWED the church to openly aid, abet and cover up such heinous crimes and ALLOWED the POPE to have final say in this I don't know nor understand.

He has an inherent conflict of interest, probably several. At a minimum, he wants to save face for his organization and minimize the harm to its public reputation but also if a high enough percentage of priests are child molesters and he defrocks and fires them, it potentially begins to dismantle the Catholic Church as he may have no hope of replacing that many priests and would have to shut down a lot of churches.

I have come to believe that whatever the hell Trump is up to, he's dust in the wind and will either be out of office in less than four years or die of old age anywhere between twenty years from now and some time this year but the child raping homophobic religion of Christianity goes back 2000 years and has according to the Internet 2.3 BILLION adherents. And actively encourages self hatred and the existence of homophobic homosexuals who will do ANYTHING to convince themselves they will not burn in hell for all eternity, no matter how depraved.

If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes.

No I can't possibly prove any of that. The piece is titled "Opinion" for a reason.

No, I don't expect anyone to take me seriously nor do anything about it. 

But just like only YOU can choose to be closeted, only I can choose to be silenced. And I choose not to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

I was molested and raped as a child. I spent my teens and twenties filled with anger. My therapist once said something like "How did I know you were angry? Maybe it was the flames shooting out your ears." He wasn't actually talking about me. He was describing someone else. But he could have been talking about me. I took up role playing gaming in my teens and my first character was a Red Sonja-esque character with long red tresses. She was a fighter mage and she had issues. Gaming was good for me. I made a lot of friends and they were mostly male and they were protective of me. I began to put down my baggage. At some point, I retired that first character because she was so angry and toxic and I wasn't anymore. Playing her required me to put back on the mantel of so much baggage that I had worked hard to put down and it wasn't good for me to keep that alive. In my late twenties, me and my husband bought a house and it was about thirty minutes from the ...

Another think

And another reason to not REALLY be enthused about continuing to write here: I'm very very very against trying to "cure" people of being gay, but I suspect that some people who think they are gay are really attracted to people who have enough of something in common with them and they just aren't finding it in members of the opposite sex. Some chick on probably Reddit remarked once that she was beginning to worry she liked bad guys and then realized all the bad guys in movies she liked were played by the same actor. She liked that actor in any role he played, bad guy or not. During my divorce, I was involved with a man fourteen years older than me and about the time I was thinking "This is a shit show and I'm NEVER getting with an older man again." I met a guy sixteen years older than me and we really hit it off. I have B.A.G.G.A.G.E about my tendency to like older men. It took me a long time to sort that and not feel like me liking older men somehow was ...

Actionable Advice

I had a very private life. I tend to think first about what individuals can do. This post is reframing this blog as more explicitly political or about large scale social things. Goal One Remove all child molesters from positions of moral authority. If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes. That's a previously published unsupported Opinion . Here's an attempt to support or explain that opinion. I don't know how well I say it, but I have a piece called Trauma and being LGBTQ  and it's probably not the only place I try to say that I believe that: 1. 2000 percent of humanity has BAGGAGE about sexual and gender stuff. 2. Simply BEING LGBTQ tends to trigger everyone you meet about their issues and then they take it out on you. Christianity trends extremely homophobic and the entire PLANET knows the Catholic Church has a POLICY of moving child moles...