Skip to main content

The Villain

The world doesn't like me completing a thought or connecting the dots in a way that makes sense to me. It seems to like things broken up into smaller silos that involve "coloring within the lines."

This is part of why I have so many blogs: To try to follow some unstated rule about "being on topic" or something. 

In practice, that means many of my posts on "unrelated" blogs are very much related. This one is sort of the rest of the story or thought for a brief piece elsewhere.

Genevieve frankly ruined my life for helping her.  I did not expect that.

I thought any number of other people might try to destroy me for helping her but it never crossed my mind that she would.

In part because of that experience, I feel like I have some idea why TERFs do what they do. 

Genevieve did so much damage to my life and the harm has persisted so long, I can kind of imagine how one might use such an experience to justify being a TERF. Furthermore, Genevieve was terrible about acting like she had the worst problems ever in the history of the universe and no one else's problems mattered, especially not mine.

I don't imagine the trans community will ever embrace my writing or appreciate anything I say. I doubt they see me as an ally.

Trans individuals live with enormous distress and seem desperate to have people side with them blindly. Their pain and desperation is such they trend towards "You're either for us or against us." and it leaves little room for nuance.

Genevieve was barely a legal adult when I met her. I embraced her as the third child I never had and always wanted.

When the relationship ended dramatically after nine months, it felt like a spiritual miscarriage. I finally stopped longing for a third child, something life-threatening health issues, divorce and poverty had failed to end.

I write a variety of things to try to address what I feel was the real problem here: 

Heteronormative culture the world over.

Her life, my life and the lives of other people involved in the mess were all trampled by it. It's pointless to blame her in specific. 

I write to try to cast a light on such things in hopes that it will be curative in a way that TERFs and transphobia and so forth are very much not.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

I was molested and raped as a child. I spent my teens and twenties filled with anger. My therapist once said something like "How did I know you were angry? Maybe it was the flames shooting out your ears." He wasn't actually talking about me. He was describing someone else. But he could have been talking about me. I took up role playing gaming in my teens and my first character was a Red Sonja-esque character with long red tresses. She was a fighter mage and she had issues. Gaming was good for me. I made a lot of friends and they were mostly male and they were protective of me. I began to put down my baggage. At some point, I retired that first character because she was so angry and toxic and I wasn't anymore. Playing her required me to put back on the mantel of so much baggage that I had worked hard to put down and it wasn't good for me to keep that alive. In my late twenties, me and my husband bought a house and it was about thirty minutes from the ...

Another think

And another reason to not REALLY be enthused about continuing to write here: I'm very very very against trying to "cure" people of being gay, but I suspect that some people who think they are gay are really attracted to people who have enough of something in common with them and they just aren't finding it in members of the opposite sex. Some chick on probably Reddit remarked once that she was beginning to worry she liked bad guys and then realized all the bad guys in movies she liked were played by the same actor. She liked that actor in any role he played, bad guy or not. During my divorce, I was involved with a man fourteen years older than me and about the time I was thinking "This is a shit show and I'm NEVER getting with an older man again." I met a guy sixteen years older than me and we really hit it off. I have B.A.G.G.A.G.E about my tendency to like older men. It took me a long time to sort that and not feel like me liking older men somehow was ...

Actionable Advice

I had a very private life. I tend to think first about what individuals can do. This post is reframing this blog as more explicitly political or about large scale social things. Goal One Remove all child molesters from positions of moral authority. If you are pro LGBTQ rights, I think the SINGLE most important thing you can work on is putting child molester priests (preachers, Rabbis, etc) in prison for their crimes. That's a previously published unsupported Opinion . Here's an attempt to support or explain that opinion. I don't know how well I say it, but I have a piece called Trauma and being LGBTQ  and it's probably not the only place I try to say that I believe that: 1. 2000 percent of humanity has BAGGAGE about sexual and gender stuff. 2. Simply BEING LGBTQ tends to trigger everyone you meet about their issues and then they take it out on you. Christianity trends extremely homophobic and the entire PLANET knows the Catholic Church has a POLICY of moving child moles...