Walk This Way

The intended audience for this post is a MtF transsexual who is struggling to pass and failing to "walk like a girl." Walking like a girl is mostly learned behavior, something the world seems to often fail to really recognize, though I can remember seeing scenes in movies or TV shows with girls practicing walking with a book on their head to try to do it right.

In my teens, I read an article about a woman who took a modeling short course even though she had no plans to do any modeling. She just wanted to up her game in terms of how she came across.

One of the things covered in this modeling short course was how to do the catwalk walk. Somewhat to my surprise, I realized I already walked that way because I had prior gymnastics training.

You do this by putting one foot directly in front of the other in a straight line and as the right hip goes forward, the left shoulder does as well. You alternate back and forth, thus creating a swivel and this helps you keep your balance and looks either very sexy or very elegant or both.

I'm not going to include any video clips. You can google up catwalk walk videos or "How to walk like a model" videos readily enough for yourself. I will say that when I have looked at such, they sometimes looked trashy to me. If you don't like what you are seeing, you can also google up videos of female gymnasts doing floor exercise or balance beam.

If you learn to walk like a gymnast, you will be doing the catwalk walk but in a more refined and elegant way.

The standard balance beam is four inches wide. This is also the standard width for most sidewalk curbs.

So you can practice your catwalk or gymnast's walk on a sidewalk curb in flat shoes. If you can master it in flat shoes, you can then google up "How to walk in high heels."

The last time I wrote a piece on this subject (some months ago, and now gone forever cuz reasons), there were tons of tutorials and what not on "How to walk in high heels" because it's completely unnatural. So if you are struggling with it, rest assured this is completely NORMAL.

I haven't worn heels in a lot of years and may not ever do so again, so I'm not really qualified to advise you in that regard.

Anyway, if you are a MtF trans individual and being told you don't walk like a girl, well most girls don't walk like girls either until they get trained to do so. They just tend to get lessons in this frequently and from an early age from various sources, sometimes even their choice of sport.

So this is learned behavior and you can learn it too if you wish. And I highly recommend you just ignore anyone suggesting that your walk somehow makes you "not a real girl" or something.

They are full of baloney if they think that cis girls simply biologically "walk like girls" without a metric fuckton of social grooming, training and pressure to learn to walk a certain way.

I will add the above is a very aggressive Western style of femme walk (which could potentially get you mistaken for a prostitute in some places and under some circumstances). It's a kind of strutting and you don't see that in, say, Asian cultures.

I walk less like that than I once did. I strut less and mince more which would be more in line with an Asian style of walking.

The fact that "girly walks" differ from one culture to another also tells you this is learned behavior. It is influenced by clothing style, ideas of social decorum and other factors, not just biology.