Something clear in my mind

Genevieve was a MtF trans youth trapped in an abusive situation. I am a survivor of incest and quickly recognized that she had been abused sexually in addition to a lot of other bad stuff that had happened to her.

It eventually became clear to me that her mother molested her in her youth.

Her parents, especially her mother, were adamantly against her transitioning from male to female. I came to believe that her mother's objections were rooted in being gay and unable to accept that.

She was more okay with molesting her own child than with admitting she was attracted to women, not men, and her son saying "Mom, I need to be a girl" conflicted with her intense denial and rejection of her sexual orientation.

I have said previously on this site that I don't really get the trans thing. I don't pretend to understand or to be well educated or whatever. I just happened to get latched onto by a troubled youth who was very smart and dumped a ton of resources on me in a short period of time and to my surprise that seems to mean I have better exposure than average to a subject I have no real personal interest in.

But it seems to me that a closeted gay woman molesting her "son" who later concluded "I'm not really a boy. I'm really a girl." is the strongest piece of evidence I am aware of that some people really, truly are born the wrong physical gender or sex.

Her mother saw something appealing in her "son" that she didn't find appealing in "most men" and it seems to me that what was appealing was the fact that underneath it, there was something inherently feminine there, not masculine.

I don't know how you could possibly "prove" this to be true. Many psychological studies are really very poorly done and it's tough to get SOLID data on social things for a long list of reasons.

If someone more personally invested than me gathered PRIVATE data, that might add up to something useful for the trans community, though I am not holding my breath that the broader world would ever say "YES! This is slam dunk EVIDENCE!"

But it might click into place for SOME trans individuals and HELP THEM.